Hardy, vigorous and persistent, Campanula portenschlagiana is an alpine campanula, easily grown in rock gardens, on walls, in front of borders or even in containers. It forms a generous, dense mat of small ivy-like leaves which become hidden beneath the mass of small purple bells in summer.
- Position: full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: moist, well-drained, fertile soil.
- Rate of growth: fast-growing.
- Flowering period: July and August.
- Hardiness: fully hardy. …
- Garden care: Protect the tender foliage from slug damage using environmentally friendly slug pellets or beer traps.