Aquilegia Barlow Mixed is one of the best early flowering perennials of all. This lovely plant produces masses of attractive deeply divided fresh green leaves with tall stems topped by double flowers in shades of purple and blue, carmine, dusty pink and white.
How do you care for aquilegia plants?
How to grow aquilegias
- Thrives in rich, moist but free draining soil (not too wet or too dry)
- Flowers late spring to early summer (May/June)
- Buy plants in spring.
- Raise plants from seed yourself in summer.
- Plant in a sunny or semi-shaded spot.
- Cut back plants after flowering to stop self-seeding and freshen up foliage.